Who is this witch?

 Hello. My name is Michael. I used to go by a different name on a different blog that I created 12 years ago but that name is not who I am now. I am a witch. I haven't always been a witch. 

Cue the timey whimey way back music.....

I was born in 1968 in Wheat Ridge, Colorado. I grew up in a somewhat religious family. By that I mean my grandparents were always in church on Sunday. My parents divorced when I was 4 or 5 and my father was the one who stayed with the church back then. Our denomination was Lutheran. I followed that faith until I was on my own after high school. It wasn't like I made a grand statement revoking the church, I just stopped going. During my last couple years in high school I did look into Buddhism. It interested me because it was something different, but in the end it wasn't for me. 

Fast forward to the early 2000s. I have always made a point to wander into the isle of the bookstore that contained the metaphysical books. I would look at all the different titles but never picked one up or bought one. That was until I purchased the Grimoire for the Apprentice Wizard. That is where I can say I began down the path of paganism and witchcraft.

After that I attended Dragonfest, a spiritual retreat. That experience caused a big change in my thoughts of my spirituality. I was involved in the Boy's Coming of Age ritual. It gave me insight into the aspects of ritual and the craft. I made friends and from there I attended my first open full moon ritual which opened up the door to joining a coven in Denver. I was with the coven for a few years before it disbanded. 

Now I am primarily solitary in my practice but I am always open to joining a new group and attending open rituals. 

What is my practice? Witchcraft with Wicca influences. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WITCH?

Bringing to Banishing: Changing a Spell